Bunyonyi Overland Resort
Location: Kabale is situated about 410 kilometers south-west of Kampala. After you cross the equator you drive through Masaka and later Mbarara on a good tarmac road. There is plenty of public transport (buses and minivans) that travel this route daily in both directions.
General Description: On the lakes shores, Bunyonyi Overland Resort is offering you a base to explore the lake, or a wonderful stop-over on your way to visit the Mountain Gorillas in the national parks of Rwanda or Uganda in South Western Uganda. Bunyonyi Overland Resort is ecologically built, with local materials. It is locally owned and provides important employment opportunities for the people around the lake.
Accommodation: Accommodation is provided in comfortable safari tents, rooms, cottages and family cottages. We also offer a self-camping option for those with their own equipment and a comfortable .rent a mobile tent’ with or without bedding arrangement in our pleasant gardens.
- self-camping (running tap water, hot showers, flushing toilets)
- accommodation in furnished tents, rooms and cottages
- secure car parking
- great meals and snacks from our menu (try the local crayfish direct from the lake)
- fully stocked bar with cold drinks
- spacious snack bar, restaurant with a fireplace
- conference space
- craft shop
- picnic and relaxation areas
- good collection of reading material
- travel information
- satellite TV
- grocery with essential items
- storage or safe custody of personal effects
- transportation (car hire and taxi)
- laundry service
- first aid, emergency contacts, 24 hour security
- 24/7 internet connection Ushs 100/- per minute